MVA recognizes the critical importance of safety and health. We are committed to providing a protective environment where potential hazards are controlled or eliminated.
MVA is committed to ensuring a safe environment for our students. There is no higher priority for this school.
Any conduct that results in harm to any of our students will not be tolerated. We are focused on sustaining and strengthening a culture that is consistent with MVA core values.
MVA has programs and policies in place to prevent incidents including sexual harassment and assault by any and all members of our community. All community members receive education and training to establish healthy relationships and boundaries. We also empower community members and bystanders to come forward if they experience any misconduct or harassment.
We continuously look for ways to improve policies, practices, and programming to ensure that they meet the present needs of our school community.
MVA also has policies and procedures in place that govern the hiring process. We have clear guidelines for the conduct of all faculty and staff members to ensure that appropriate action is taken in the event of any inappropriate conduct. Our robust training programs provide all employees with guidance and tools to develop and establish healthy and safe student-adult relationships.
- Faculty and staff undergo comprehensive background checks before hiring
- MVA has a zero-tolerance policy regarding sexually inappropriate touching and/or interaction of any kind between adults and students regardless of age, including all forms of sexual activity and sexual harassment. Any violations of this policy are reported to the police and violators will be terminated and barred from campus.
- All employees receive comprehensive training and development in the areas of sexual abuse and assault, including California-mandated reporting laws for misconduct.
- Boundaries training for all employees address appropriate interactions with students and define prohibited behavior, including sexual or romantic interactions.
- Sexually related assaults involving students and other violations are immediately reported to the Nevada County Sheriff’s Department and the California Department of Community Care Licensing for official action.