All MVA curricula are student-centered. We particularly emphasize the academic interests of our students. Our curriculum meets both Common Core State Standards and CA State Curriculum. We also offer multiple credit recovery opportunities and a wide variety of extracurricular activities.
- Literature and Composition – English grammar and vocabulary. Fundamentals of reading, writing, speaking and listening. Students read classic literature and build writing skills.
- Social Sciences – Exploration of US/World and Ancient History, Economics and Geography.
- Mathematics – Comprehensive review of computational skills from basic to higher level math including Algebra, Geometry, and Calculus.
- Science – Earth Sciences, Geology, Astronomy, Chemistry, and Physics in the classroom and lab.
- Physical Education – Variety of individual and team activities. Students learn and develop skills necessary to perform a range of physical activities and gain a general knowledge of physical fitness and wellness.
- Outdoors Programs – Support students in developing an appreciation and interest in outdoor leisure time activities. Credits may also be used toward the Physical Education graduation requirement.