At Mountain Valley Academy, the school grows around each student’s academic interests. Our curriculum meets Common Core State Standards and State Curriculum and offers multiple credit recovery opportunities as well as a wide variety of extra curricular activities.
- Literature and Composition – An in-depth study of English grammar and vocabulary focused on the basics of reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Students will also read classic literature and work on writing skills.
- Social Sciences – Examinations of US, world and ancient history, economics and geography.
- Mathematics – A comprehensive review of computational skills from vital basics to higher level math courses, including algebra, geometry and calculus.
- Science – Earth sciences, geology, basic astronomy, chemistry, and physics in classrooms and labs.
- Physical Education – A variety of activities focusing on individual and team activities. Students learn skills necessary to perform a variety of physical activities as well as knowledge of physical fitness and wellness.
- Outdoors – An emphasis on developing an appreciation and interest in outdoor leisure time activities. Credits may be used toward the physical education graduation requirement.