Mountain Valley Academy’s teachers implement and manage Individual Education Plans and Behavior Intervention Plans.
The challenges our students face include:
- Lack of impulse control
- Anger Management Issues
- Mood instability
- Physical and verbal aggression
- Peer and family conflict
- Social challenges
- Suspension/expulsion from school
- Isolation, withdrawal
We pride ourselves on achieving demonstrated positive outcomes with the children who stay with us such as:
- Increasing learned positive and pro-social behaviors
- Improving self-management, self-awareness and self-control
- Renewing enjoyment of social interests and activities
- Increasing communication and relationship skills
- Stepping down to the least restrictive environment possible
These outcomes are based on:
- Evidence-based programs/practices.
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Comprehensive assessments.
- Data/Assessment-driven treatment.
- Transition planning.
- Demonstrated positive outcomes.
- Aftercare and community service coordination.